The time has come to awaken your true power—Blade & Soul: Legacy of the Hongmoon Clan is NOW LIVE!
Blade & Soul: Legacy of the Hongmoon Clan is NOW LIVE! There’s a new level cap increase to 60, two new class specializations per class, the Temple of Succession storyline, a new island full of rare beasts, the debut of the Lyn Warden, and a mayhem-filled, 20-player, Battle Royale-style PvP event called Shackled Isles! Full details of what’s in this update are outlined below.
We recently showed off the Blade & Soul: Legacy of the Hongmoon Clan update on the Blade & Soul Twitch channel. Watch as we take you on a tour of what’s new!
Class Specialization Preview
Discover the new Talent system in the Blade & Soul: Legacy of the Hongmoon Clan update! Each of the 11 Blade & Soul classes will receive a major skill overhaul thanks to this new system—check out the articles for full details:
- Blade Master, Destroyer, and Summoner
- Kung Fu Master, Assassin, Blade Dancer, and Warlock
- Force Master, Soul Fighter, Gunslinger, and Warden
Be the last Cricket standing in the new Battle Royale mode, Shackled Isles, earn double rewards in raids, and collect event coins from Candycloud Park as well as other dungeon and raid quests to upgrade your Soul and Soul Badge or use on other items.
Cherry Blossom Treasure Trove
The Cherry Blossom Treasure Trove is in full bloom! Log in now to get your FREE daily Treasure Trove key and discover the bountiful rewards that await.
New Systems Preview
A series of new systems were added to Blade & Soul to give bonuses when you use them—a Unity system that will reward you with Splendor Stones, which are used to customize your character’s attribute bonuses, a Skill enhancement system available at level 60, and a Collection system that gives you benefits as you collect various sets of Costumes, Pets, and Illusion Weapons. Click the link below for the nitty-gritty details and be sure to scroll down for the full patch notes.
If you run into any issues with this update, be sure to check the Known Issues thread on the forums for things we’re already working on. If that doesn’t help, please contact our support department for further assistance.
Transcend all limits and awaken your true power in Blade & Soul: Legacy of the Hongmoon!
Blade & Soul 5.0 Patch Notes
Content & Events
- A new class, the Lyn Warden, is now available to play.
- Four new hair styles (two male and two female) and six new ear/tail styles for the Lyn race have been added.
- Each Class has been overhauled and received two new Specializations. Third Specializations will be added for each class in the future.
- Assassin - Way of the Serpent / Way of the Shadow
- Blade Dancer - Way of the Spinning Storm / Way of the Thundering Blade
- Blade Master - Way of the Spirit Sword / Way of the Singing Blade
- Destroyer - Way of the Stone Breaker / Way of the Reaper
- Force Master - Way of the Flame / Way of the Frost
- Gunslinger - Way of Destruction / Way of the Undertaker
- Kung Fu Master - Way of the Dragon Fist / Way of the Flying Kick
- Soul Fighter - Way of the Enduring Strength / Way of the Eternal Soul
- Summoner - Way of the Swarm / Way of the Thorns
- Warden - Way of Madness / Way of the Guardian
- Warlock - Way of Distortion / Way of the Scourge
- To access your Class Specialization Talents, you must be at least Hongmoon Level 7 and complete the "Legacy of the Hongmoon Clan" quest.
- A new Side Story quest "Temple of Succession" is available for characters who are level 55 or above and have completed Act 9.
- Moon Refuge is a new hunting field in southeast Solak containing daily quests:
- You will receive the entry quest “Taking Refuge” upon hitting HM level 13.
- Kill monsters and participate in random events throughout the day to earn additional rewards.
- Chance to spawn a Golden Racoon when defeating monsters. The Golden Racoon will drop enhanced loot and has a chance to spawn a portal to the Racoon Village when defeated:
- The Racoon Village is an instanced zone and the entrance portal will disappear once 20 players have entered.
- Special PvP and Loot rules apply in this instance:
- A new PvP button toggle is available and if enabled it allows you to attack other players (except clan and party members) regardless of faction alignment.
- Loot is free for all.
- Compete to defeat racoons and loot their treasures!
- Premium members will receive an additional reward when completing the "Relentless Bravery" quest in this area.
- Shackled Isles is a new PvP game mode where 20 players battle to be the last one standing.
- Shackled Isles is available at 12:00, 14:00, 17:00, 20:00, and 23:00 Server Time for 1 hour.
- Shackled Isles Season 1 is now available in the Ranking UI (F11) from March 13 to April 10 along with weekly and seasonal rewards.
- Shackled Isles Coin is a new currency that can be exchanged for PvP upgrade materials and Psyches from the Battleground Trader NPC.
- Brood Chamber is now the active Dungeon Challenge from March 13 to April 17.
- The Blossoming Soul event is now available from March 13 through April 10. For more details, click here.
- The Awakened Raid event is now available from March 13 through April 10. For more details, click here.
- The Cherry Blossom Treasure Trove event is now available from March 13 through April 3. For more details, click here.
- The level cap has been increased to 60, up from 55.
- A new passive skill for each class can be acquired upon hitting level 60.
- A new Skill Enhancement system is now available upon reaching level 60. Spend Skill Enhancement points to enhance your skills' damage:
- A maximum of 15 Skill Enhancement points can be earned currently.
- Earn 5 Skill Enhancement points when reaching level 60 and earn the remaining points when completing skill achievements.
- The Level 50 Character Creation Voucher has been updated to the Level 60 Boost Voucher (including existing vouchers) and can now be used on existing characters.
- The starting equipment when creating a new level 60 character has been updated to current patch.
- To use the voucher on an existing character: log in to the game and hit ESC to bring up the full menu and click on the voucher icon.
- Increased the Item Hongmoon Point cap to 10, up from 5 and the overall Hongmoon Point cap to 160, up from 155.
- Premium Members now have access to additional storage in their Vault. Additional slots can be unlocked with Gold. If your Premium Membership becomes inactive, you will be able to withdraw but not deposit items.
- Updated the quest rewards for Know Thine Enemy: Part 1, Know Thine Enemy: Part 2, The Dead Refuse to Die, Test Your Might: Part 1, and Test Your Might: Part 2.
- Updated the Quest Journal with more generalized categories such as Heroic Dungeon, Solo Dungeon, Side Story, etc.
- There is a new Key Binding for Item Skill Slot which is set to Shift+E by default.
- New Achievements have been added for completing the new "Temple of Succession" Side Story quest, achieving top rank in Brood Chamber Challenge mode or Shackled Isles, reaching level 60 and enhancing skills.
- A new account level system called "Unity" has been added to the game.
- It can be leveled up through any character on the account, and the benefits are shared between all characters on the account as well.
- Reputation is used to increase your Unity level, and you can earn it by completing daily/weekly quests and challenges as well as defeating Heroic Dungeon bosses. You can earn up to 220,000 Reputation daily.
- As your Unity level goes up, you will gain stat boosts and the ability to equip different Splendor Stones to customize your attribute bonuses.
- Splendor Stones can be acquired from the Cold Storage/Heaven’s Mandate Merchant Mallang and the Merchant of Wonders. They will also be available for a limited time in the Treasure Trove.
- A new Collection tab has been added to the Wardrobe
- Collect various sets of Costumes, Pets and Illusion Weapons to earn stat bonuses.
- A new Skill Visual “Lotus Illusion Skill” is available. It can acquired from the Cherry Blossom Treasure Trove.
- Revamped the recruitment system for Competitive Clans.
- Rewards for the Trial Arena have been updated.
- Increased the maximum number for the Block list to 80.
- Removed the Epic Quest requirement to enter the following dungeons: Naryu Sanctum, Irontech Forge, Ebondrake Lair, Starstone Mines, Hollow's Heart, The Drowning Deeps, Ransacked Treasury, Sandstorm Temple, The Shadowmoor, Dreamsong Theater and Brood Chamber.
- A new Tower of Infinity Season “Liberty” will start on March 13 and last until May 15.
- Tower of Infinity entry requirement changed from Lv55 to Lv60.
- New Soul Badges are available to be purchased at the Tower of Infinity Exchange Merchant NPC.
- A new Dungeon Challenge season will start on March 13 and last until April 17.
Equipment & Items
- Elemental Accessories (Ring, Earring, Necklace)
- All elemental damage types are now called "Mystic".
- Existing Legendary Elemental Accessories can be used to acquire the new ones:
- For accessories that are level 9 or under, you can salvage them to acquire the corresponding new accessory.
- For accessories that are level 10 or awakened, you can Evolve them into the new corresponding accessory. An Emblem is required as offering and can be purchased from the Dragon Express for 5 Naryu Tablets.
- You can change the specialization of your accessories by Evolving a Level 10 or Awakened legendary accessory for a cost of 1 Moonstone or 1 Elysian Crystal depending on the accessory.
- The offerings to awaken the new Legendary Accessories has been changed to: Skybreak Ring Essence, Skybreak Earring Essence, Darkstorm Necklace Essence, Celestial Emperor Ring Essence, Celestial Emperor Earring Essence. They can be obtained by salvaging the corresponding accessories.
- Eternity Belt
- The Eternity Belt has been changed so that it cannot be evolved anymore. This change will only impact newly acquired items, existing ones will remain as-is.
- The new Eternity Belt will be comparable to that of a Stage 5 Eternity Belt before the patch.
- Elemental Gems (Obsidian)
- Existing Obsidian gems can be exchanged through the Antique System for new ones with the same stats but with the new "Mystic" damage type.
- Soul/Mystic Badges
- Existing Soul and Mystic Badge specializations can be changed to your preferred specialization at Dragon Trade Union Junsorei NPC.
- A new Talisman equipment slot is now available. You can now obtain a Hongmoon Talisman from exchange merchants in Midnight Skypetal Plains and Moon Refuge.
- Talismans provide an on-trigger skill effect (by default SHIFT+E). Please note that Talismans are disabled when doing content
that already provide on-trigger skills such as Tower of Infinity.that has equalized gear such as Arena 1v1, 3v3 and Shackled Isles. (This has been updated on March 15)
- Talismans can be evolved, check the Equipment Upgrade Path in-game for more details.
- Reduced the costs for the following weapon upgrades and transformations:
- Galaxy Weapon Stage 1-12
- Galaxy Weapon to Ascendant Weapon
- Ascendant Weapon Stage 1-9
- Ascendant Weapon to Dragon Forge Weapon
- Dragon Forge Weapon Stage 1-9
- Dragon Forge to Incinerator
- Incinerator Stage 1-3
- Baleful/Seraph Weapon Stage 1-12
- Baleful/Seraph Weapon to Dawnforged/Riftwalk Weapon
- Baleful/Seraph Weapon to Raven Weapon
- Dawnforged/Riftwalk Weapon Stage 1-9
- Dawnforged/Riftwalk Weapon to Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon
- Raven Weapon Stage 1-9
- Raven Weapon to Aransu Weapon
- Raven Weapon to Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon
- Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon Stage 1-9
- Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon to Shadowforge/Skyforge Weapon
- Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon to Aransu Weapon
- Aransu Weapon Stage 1-9
- Aransu Weapon to Grand Celestial Weapon
- Aransu Weapon to Shadowforge/Skyforge Weapon
- Shadowforge/Skyforge Weapon Stage 1-3
- Shadowforge/Skyforge Weapon to Grand Celestial Weapon
- Grand Celestial Weapon Stage 1-3
- For more information, click here.
- Heroic elemental accessory drops from Heroic dungeons of the same tier have been unified to a single accessory of each type (Ring, Earring, Necklace)
- Bosses in raids have been updated to drop specific item slots. Final bosses are unchanged:
General Moyun and Shuna
Ring & Earrings
Temple of Eluvium
Flaming Asura and Frost Asura
Mystic Badge Item
Mystic Badge Item & Necklace
The Shield Bearer
Ring & Earrings
- You can exchange the following items via the Antiques UI:
- The transmutation for Sacred Oil now requires 10 Lesser Demon Spirit Stone instead of 1 Demon Spirit Stone.
- The transmutation cost has been reduced for the following gems:
- Hongmoon Pentagonal
- Hongmoon Hexagonal
- Hongmoon Heptagonal
- Hongmoon Octagonal
- Hongmoon Gilded Triangular
- Hongmoon Gilded Square
- Existing Dyad Gilded Triangular Gem transmutations have been removed.
- New Dyad Gilded Square Gems transmutations have been added.
- Gems cost in the Dragon Express have been greatly reduced.
- The transmutation cost has been reduced for the following gems:
- Increased the Additional Damage effect of Hearts.
- Updated icons for most Hearts and changed the quality of True Hongmoon Heart from Heroic to Legendary.
- The cost of purchasing the Raven and Fallen Soul Shields pieces has been lowered.
- The cost of purchasing Frostburn Orb, Heart of the Great Thrall and Iron Conqueror Medallion has been lowered from 1,000 to 100 gold.
Raids & Dungeons
- The "Extra Confidence" buff (reduces damage taken by 50% and increases attack power by 20%) has been added to the following dungeons (normal mode only): Naryu Sanctum, Irontech Forge, Ebondrake Lair, Hollow's Heart and Starstone Mines.
- The gold reward for some of the dungeons' daily quests has been lowered.
- You can now enter dungeons solo from the Cross-Server Dungeon Lobby (F8).
- The Enrage Timer for the following bosses has been lowered: Amara, Mookwan, Rukesh, Numok, The Barrier Keeper, Xanos, Mazuko.
- Twilight Temple
- Added Sealed version of Lightstealer evolution material to the loot table.
- Midnight Skypetal Plains
- Verdant Nightstones are now Bound to Account and cost 10 copper to mail.
- You no longer receive Verdant Nightstone for salvaging Sacred Longgui Soul Shields.
- Sacred Longgui Key now costs 50 Silver, 1 Moonstone Crystal, and 10 Verdant Nightstone, down from 3 Gold.
- You can now purchase Skybreak accessory chests for 300 Tawny Nightstone.
- Cold Storage & Heaven's Mandate
- Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate have had their NPC stats and rewards updated for current gear levels.
- You now need Orb of Ascension to activate the Dragon Stream in Heaven's Mandate or summon Kaari Lord in Cold Storage.
- You can combine 6 Orb of Ascension fragments to create 1 Orb of Ascension. Orb of Ascension fragments has been added as a reward for Daily Challenge and Weekly Challenge.
- The Merchant of Wonders now has a chance to spawn in Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate and will sell valuable items for gold.