Join the World Championship Qualification Event for a chance to represent North America or Europe in the finals
Registration is now open to join the World Championship Qualification Event, which will take place from July 31 to August 31. The top 2 teams from North America and Europe will be sent to represent their region at the Blade & Soul World Championship in Korea this October! To participate in the World Championship Qualification Event, you must have a level 55 character or higher on your account in the region you are playing from.
What is the World Championship Qualification Event?
The World Championship Qualification Event is Blade & Soul’s PvP competition where players register their team and try to rise through the ranks in the new Shackled Isles 3-player team mode. While the season rankings only list individual character rankings, the event will take the ranking score for each individual team member and add them together for a team score. At the end of the season, the top 2 eligible teams from both North America and Europe will be selected as the event finalists and move on to participate in an expenses-paid trip to compete in the World Championship finals in Korea. Make sure to follow us on Twitter as we’ll tweet out regular updates on teams who have the highest season ranking score.
While you may play on any 3-player team throughout the Qualification Season, in order for a registered team to remain eligible to participate in the Qualification Event, registered team members are required to play together for minimum of 15 games during the Qualification Season.
- Registration Period: July 11, 2019 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) - July 26, 2019 12:00 p.m. PT
- Qualification Season: July 31, 2019 at the open of servers after weekly maintenance - August 21, 2019 at the close of servers for weekly maintenance
Beginning today until July 26, you and two other friends can register as a team to participate in the World Championship Qualification Event. Simply grab your friends, come up with a team name and decide which of your characters (level 55 or higher) you will use for the event. Make sure you have read official rules before completing your registration.
Keep in mind these requirements during registration:
- Make sure you are correctly choosing the region you are looking to represent for the World Championship. The country you input must correlate to that region as specified in the official rules.
- Make sure you coordinate with your teammates on what characters you will use for your team. Each team member must provide the names of their fellow teammates characters as part of their registration along with the same Team Name. Inconsistencies can result in disqualification from the event. Please refer to the official rules for change requests during the registration period.
- Make sure you have a valid passport for travel. You will need one if you win and go to Korea for the finals!
Event registration is now closed.
What is Shackled Isles 3-player Team Mode?
Here’s a quick refresher for those not familiar with this recently introduced game mode. Shackled Isles is a special Battle Royale game mode where players compete to be the last man standing. While the current iteration of Shackled Isles is a solo mode for up to 20 players, the new 3-player team mode will have your team compete against 9 other teams in a 30-man Battle Royale to see which team will be the last one standing.
As players battle it out while a ring of Dark Chi closes in on them, this time around, team tactics will need to come into play. But don’t forget to pick up those special skill boosts around the map as they appear and take down those random boss spawns for some massive game-changing buffs!
In addition to the Season Ranking in-game rewards, the World Championship Qualification Event will award $3,000 USD to the 1st place teams from North America and Europe. The 2nd place teams will be awarded with a $1,500 prize.
Winners will be announced by August 28, 2019.